Membrane filtration equipment can be helpful in many processing situations, including applications as varied as the separation of solids based on physical size, to the concentration of high-value product solids, to the purification of wastewater. But how to select the best membrane filtration equipment for your needs?
Caloris engineers can help walk you through determining which membrane system equipment is right for your unique situation. Depending on your needs, Caloris can employ microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration or reverse osmosis to process your liquid stream.
The first step will involve a meeting between your plant’s key staff and our engineers, who will learn about your planned facility and your process goals/challenges.
Next, Caloris may send a pilot membrane unit to your facility to conduct testing. Testing a sample of your product or wastewater stream will allow us to design the optimum membrane filtration equipment for your situation. These units are highly customizable to meet the needs of your facility.
Then is the engineering and design phase, followed by fabrication, installation, and commissioning of the system. Caloris membrane filtration equipment arrives at your plant largely pre-assembled and ready to plug into your process system. Upon arrival of the unit, Caloris staff will oversee installation and configuration. Our engineers will work with your production team to commission the unit and train employees.
Here are examples of possible uses of membrane filtration equipment:
– Concentration of liquid streams
– Polishing of evaporator condensate and RO permeate for reuse
– Reclamation of high-strength caustic and acid solutions to extend chemical life and minimize total dissolved solids discharge
– Separation of components (proteins, minerals, sugars) in a feed stream
– Purification of supply water for boiler to increase operating efficiency in cleaning, sanitation and utility (boiler, cooling tower) applications
Read related Caloris case studies:
– Caloris RO Condensate Polisher Case Study
– Caloris Rinse Water RO Case Study (Wastewater)
CALORIS membrane filtration equipment can be configured to accommodate many of the complex processing needs of different product streams. Contact our sales and technical specialists at 410-822-6900 or email email@example.com to discuss your specific needs and to place an order. You can also schedule an on-site test with our pilot RO unit.