Process Engineer Job Description
This position will be a part of the process engineering team. Primary duties include development of process design, specification of equipment, leading on-site commissioning, training of customer personnel, troubleshooting process issues and bringing them to a successful conclusion. Project involvement is from conceptualization through commissioning and validation, and will involve participation in sales and project management functions.
1. Process design development.
– Survey plants and equipment
– Interview customers in order to determine their needs
– Initiate and/or review process plans
– Specification of equipment
– Develop and document process design
– Develop detailed functional specifications for plant automation
– Engineering thermal and flow calculations for evaporation and dehydration processes
2. Responsible for maintaining project documentation according to company standards.
3. Provide technical support to the project execution team throughout the course of a project.
4. Communicate effectively with our customers throughout the course of a project, including the communication of technical design basis and implementation.
5. Lead the commissioning and training phase of the project.
6. Troubleshooting of equipment and process issues.
7. Willing and able to fill a project engineer’s role when called upon.
1. Effective and professional verbal and written communication of technical matter.
2. Effective use of personal computer and normal suite of Microsoft Office applications.
3. An understanding of the concepts of mass transfer, heat transfer, heat and mass balances, fluid flow and energy conversion.
4. Five years of experience as a process engineer with an engineering or processing company.
1. Experience in design or operation of dairy or food processing equipment.
2. B.S. degree in chemical engineering or a related degree.
3. Ability to read construction, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
4. Familiarity with AutoCAD.
5. Familiarity with modern plant automation.
1. Must be able to travel an average of 30%. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible. Must be able to perform extended (up to 2 weeks) and weekend travel.
2. Must be physically able to work long days during commissioning and plant troubleshooting activities. Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders.
We offer a great working environment with a benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) and travel incentives.
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC is a supplier of evaporation, membrane filtration and drying solutions to the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries. Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Joining the Caloris team means sharing a mission with some of the best professionals in the burgeoning evaporation technology field. The pace can be fast and expectations high. But life at Caloris is not all work. Our headquarters in Easton, on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore, with abundant family living and recreational resources, counterpoints the demands of the job beautifully, offering great balance between work and life. Aside from the interesting work and friendly environment, Caloris is an equal opportunity employer offering very competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Read more about What We Do.
To apply, please fill out the form below or send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.