Human Resources Manager Job Description
Caloris Engineering LLC designs and supplies water treatment systems and processing equipment – advanced technology evaporators, membrane systems and dryers – that solve problems in a myriad of industries including the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries.
Seitz Stainless is a wholly owned subsidiary of Caloris Engineering.
Caloris and Seitz Stainless is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for providing day-to-day operational HR support and designing, planning and implementing various human resources programs and policies across multiple HR functions while positively impacting the employee experience at both locations. The Human Resources Manager functions independently, regularly exercising judgment and decision making on their own, while partnering with the other leaders in the company.
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of Caloris Engineering and indirectly with the General Manager of Seitz Stainless. This position offers a hybrid work arrangement (remote and on-site – Avon MN), with occasional travel.
Caloris Engineering and Seitz Stainless is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Recruitment / Candidate Experience
- Meet with leaders to understand current and future talent needs
- Develop and manage the employment process, ensuring that comprehensive and effective approach is being used to draw high quality talent
- Develop and maintain job descriptions
- Post open jobs on a variety of job posting resources
- Process applications and resumes
- Interview selected candidates and coordinate interviews with hiring managers
- Conduct background checks and employee eligibility verifications as necessary
- Develop and train hiring managers on interview skills and best practices
Employee and Manager Support
- Act as the point of contact for HR related questions from employees, addressing concerns timely, and proactively keeping stakeholders informed
- Support the planning, communication, and execution of company-wide cyclical processes
- Consult, guide and advise managers on completing HR initiatives and processes as well as consulting with them on decisions and needed actions.
Performance Management / Employee Relations
- Oversee the performance review and talent calibration process
- Oversee and guide on the Performance Improvement and Corrective Action process
- Function as the primary employee relations contact, partnering with employees and managers to ensure a productive and engaging work environment, providing coaching as necessary.
- Conduct investigations as necessary and share recommendations
- Work with outside legal counsel as necessary
- Conduct exit interviews
Benefits, Compensation & Employee Data Administration
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party benefits vendors along with the CFO
- Partner with CFO with the annual benefits renewal process
- Prepare and communicate benefits information to employees
- Develop communication plan and materials and execute annual benefits open enrollment
- Administer all benefit programs, including enrollment, employee changes, billing, audits, etc.
- Assist in benefit audits, reporting and the completion of 5500s
- Handle leave of absence requests and benefit questions
- Assist in the administration of the compensation plans
- Gather and analyze market data
- Process HRIS data including hires, terminations, change in pay, change in position, etc.
Employee Recognition / Events
- Develop and administer the employee service award and recognition program
- Assist with company/site-wide events and activities
Compliance / Policy Management
- Design and execute human resources policies and procedures, proposing improvements as necessary
- Educate and guide employees and managers on HR policies
- Ensure policies and procedures are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals and are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws
- Keep current with changing legislation which may impact employee practices – ensuring company compliance
- Complete employment surveys, annual OSHA and EEO-1 reporting
- Provide oversite and support for the unemployment claim process
- Maintain the employee handbooks
- Manage safety and workers’ compensation
Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience
Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university
Well-versed in employment law, a strong problem-solver who is skilled in resolving people issues and committed to creating a culture of engagement.
Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong critical thinking skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Experience in several HR functions, including benefits, compensation, employment, compliance and employee relations
Self-motivated, resourceful and capable of performing job duties without supervision
Effective use of personal computer and email
Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Hybrid work arrangement (remote + on-site).
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Highly sedentary with some bending, reaching and standing as necessary
Caloris Water Reuse Brochure
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC is a supplier of evaporation, membrane filtration and drying solutions to the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries. Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Joining the Caloris team means sharing a mission with some of the best professionals in the burgeoning evaporation technology field. The pace can be fast and expectations high. But life at Caloris is not all work. Our headquarters in Easton, on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore, with abundant family living and recreational resources, counterpoints the demands of the job beautifully, offering great balance between work and life.