Junior Process Engineer Job Description
This position will be a part of the Process Engineering team.
Our office is located in beautiful Easton, Maryland – where we offer a great work environment and competitive benefits. Caloris is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Come be a part of a better process.
- Work with engineering heat and mass balance calculations involving thermal processes including evaporation, spray drying, and membrane filtration
- Perform detailed engineering associated with execution of capital process equipment supply contracts, including hydraulic and utility consumption calculations
- Calculate appropriate sizing of process components including pumps, valves, fans, heat exchangers, ducting & pipelines, etc.
- Support the Project Management team in specification and procurement of process components and instrumentation
- Assist with the development of conceptual process designs, plant surveys, equipment troubleshooting, and process validation
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including process flow diagrams, technical manuals, and training materials
- Develop detailed functional specifications for plant automation
- Actively participate in on-site commissioning of process equipment and training of customer personnel
- Survey existing plants/equipment
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Support project management and mechanical design functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary project team
- Actively participate in Caloris’ continuous innovation and product development efforts
Required Skills & Abilities:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or a related degree
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role
- A conceptual understanding of heat and mass transfer, heat and mass balances, fluid flow and energy conversion
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills, including highly technical material
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and effective use of email
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and capable of performing job duties without supervision
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Exposure to chemical engineering software (ChemCAD, Aspen, etc)
- Exposure to food or dairy processing
- Experience as a process or project engineer with an engineering or processing company
- Experience with evaporation, crystallization, spray drying, membrane filtration
- Basic understanding of/familiarity with modern PLC-based industrial automation/control systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Exposure to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Must be able to travel an average of 30%. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible. Must be able to perform extended travel (up to 2 weeks duration) and occasional weekend travel.
- Must be physically able to work long days when on-site.
- Must be physically able to work in hot/noisy environments when on-site.
- Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders.
- Relocation to Easton, MD preferred.
Caloris Water Reuse Brochure
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC is a supplier of evaporation, membrane filtration and drying solutions to the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries. Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Joining the Caloris team means sharing a mission with some of the best professionals in the burgeoning evaporation technology field. The pace can be fast and expectations high. But life at Caloris is not all work. Our headquarters in Easton, on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore, with abundant family living and recreational resources, counterpoints the demands of the job beautifully, offering great balance between work and life.