Project Manager Job Description
This position will be a part of the Project Management team.
Our office is in Easton, Maryland on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore. Easton provides an ideal setting for a healthy work-life balance, with abundant family living and recreational resources, a laid-back environment, and easy access to the cities of the east coast.
With an expanding team and evolving services, this position is offered remotely. Periodic visits to the office in Easton, MD will be required.
Caloris is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Come be a part of A Better Process.
Commensurate with experience.
- Lead small- and large-scale capital equipment projects through project conception, equipment fabrication, installation, commissioning, and validation.
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary team of engineers and technical professionals
- Management of equipment fabricators and suppliers
- Management of project budget, schedule, and customer relationship through the life of the project and beyond
- Maintain project documentation in accordance with company standards
- Assist the sales department in the development of new projects
- Actively participate in the Company’s continuous innovation/product development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 5 years of experience as a project manager, supervisor or technician in the food processing industry or engineering experience with food processing equipment systems.
- Superior project management skills including schedule, budget, and risk management
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills, including highly technical material
- Self-motivated, resourceful and capable of performing job duties without supervision
- Effective use of personal computer and email
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Etc.) as well as MS Project
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- PMP Certification
- Experience in food, dairy, and/or ethanol processing facilities
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or a related degree
- Basic understanding of industrial automation and PLC-based industrial control systems
- Must be able to travel an average of 30%. This will include some weekends and from time-to-time for 2-week continuous durations. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible.
- Must be physically able to work long days during commissioning and plant troubleshooting activities.
- Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders.
- Successful candidates will have good engineering intuition, and a willingness to learn/operate mechanical and thermal processing systems
Caloris Water Reuse Brochure
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC is a supplier of evaporation, membrane filtration and drying solutions to the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries. Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Joining the Caloris team means sharing a mission with some of the best professionals in the burgeoning evaporation technology field. The pace can be fast and expectations high. But life at Caloris is not all work. Our headquarters in Easton, on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore, with abundant family living and recreational resources, counterpoints the demands of the job beautifully, offering great balance between work and life.