Sales Engineer Job Description
This position will be a part of the Sales Engineering team. This is a customer facing position where you will be responsible for developing and keeping a sales pipeline fed, closing the deals and contracts to create a revenue stream, and managing the relationships with your customers and stakeholders.
Caloris Engineering LLC supplies evaporation, spray drying, and membrane filtration processing equipment to the food/beverage, dairy, and wastewater industries. Projects range from engineering evaluations to delivery of integrated multi-technology processing solutions. Opportunities exist at Caloris for motivated and capable individuals to develop expertise across multiple technologies and become key contributors in the organization.
Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Our office is in Easton, Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay’s magnificent Eastern Shore. Easton provides an ideal setting for a healthy work-life balance, with abundant family living and recreational resources, a laid-back environment, and easy access to the cities of the East Coast.
Come be a part of A Better process.
$65,000 – $120,000
- Develop a Sales Pipeline of customers and projects to meet sales revenue targets.
- Understand and communicate Customer’s technical and operational needs and how they translate into economic drivers.
- Understand and communicate the benefits of company products and the value of the solutions.
- Prepare and give persuasive technical presentations to explain to and educate customers how the products and services work and the value the solutions provide.
- Set and meet Sales Targets.
- Write persuasive technical and commercial proposals according to company guidelines, including clear technical benefits and advantages of the company’s solutions.
- Establish customer rapport and acceptance with technical, operations and commercial leaders/stakeholders.
- Solicit and log client feedback and evaluate the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or related field.
- 5 – 15 years of sales experience in an engineering field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- Passion for sales and the technology field.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in selling complex solutions in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Familiarity with Food and Dairy Industry.
- Relocation not required. Periodic trips to the Easton, Md., office may occur.
- Must be able to travel an average of 30% of annual working days. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible. Must be able to perform occasional extended travel (up to 2 weeks duration) and occasional weekend travel.
- Must be physically able to work in hot/noisy factory environments when on-site.
- Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders.
Caloris Water Reuse Brochure
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC is a supplier of evaporation, membrane filtration and drying solutions to the food, beverage and industrial wastewater industries. Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Joining the Caloris team means sharing a mission with some of the best professionals in the burgeoning evaporation technology field. The pace can be fast and expectations high. But life at Caloris is not all work. Our headquarters in Easton, on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore, with abundant family living and recreational resources, counterpoints the demands of the job beautifully, offering great balance between work and life.