Senior Process Engineer — Spray Dryer Technology
This position will be a part of the Process Engineering team.
Our office is located in beautiful Easton, Maryland – where we offer a great work environment and competitive benefits. Caloris is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Come be a part of A Better Process.
$130,000 – $138,000
- Leading role in the development and specification of process design solutions for spray dryers in the food & dairy industries
- Perform thermodynamic calculations for spray drying systems, including utility consumption calculations
- Calculate appropriate sizing of process equipment
- Calculate appropriate sizing of process components, including pumps, fans, natural gas burners, heat exchangers, etc.
- Support the Project Execution teams in the specification and procurement of spray dryer system equipment and components
- Develop process design documentation including heat & mass balances and process flow diagrams
- Participate in the development of plant automation solutions
- Lead on-site commissioning of process equipment, process validation, and training of customer personnel
- Develop and deliver technical training materials
- Survey and assess existing plants/equipment
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Actively participate in the Caloris’ continuous innovation and product development efforts
Required Skills & Abilities:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or a related degree
- 8+ years of experience in the engineering of spray drying equipment
- A conceptual understanding of heat and mass transfer, heat and mass balances, fluid flow and energy conversion
- Exposure to modern PLC-based industrial automation/control systems
- Experience in food/beverage and/or dairy processing
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills, including highly technical material
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and effective use of email
- Willingness and ability to mentor/direct junior process engineering personnel
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and capable of performing job duties without supervision
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with chemical engineering software (ChemCAD, Aspen, etc.)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Exposure to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Must be able to travel an average of 30%. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible. Must be able to perform extended travel (up to 2 weeks duration) and occasional weekend travel.
- Must be physically able to work long days when on-site.
- Must be physically able to work in hot/noisy environments when on-site.
- Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders.
- Relocation not required. Periodic trips to the Easton, MD office are required
Caloris Spray Drying Brochure
About Caloris Engineering:
Caloris Engineering LLC supplies evaporation, spray drying, and membrane filtration processing equipment to the food/beverage, dairy, and wastewater industries. Projects range from engineering evaluations to delivery of integrated multi-technology processing solutions. Opportunities exist at Caloris for motivated and capable individuals to develop expertise across multiple technologies and become key contributors in the organization.
Caloris is an exciting place to work, located in a relaxing place to live. Our office is located in Easton, Maryland on Maryland’s magnificent Eastern Shore. Easton provides an ideal setting for a healthy work-life balance, with abundant family living and recreational resources, a laid-back environment, and easy access to the cities of the east coast.